Welcome CTA Members
Join Us and Prosper
In 1950, Provident Credit Union was originally founded to serve the California Teachers Association. We were started by educators to serve the needs of the educational community, which is a mission we still follow today. After 72 years of serving educators, we know the needs of the educational community and we are here to help you reach your financial goals.
CTA members who join Provident have access to exclusive offers, like:
A discount on an auto loan to help lower your monthly payments
A discount on a mortgages which can save you thousands over the life of the loan
$300 new account bonus
EASY ACCESS TO YOUR ACCOUNTProvident has 21 branch locations, plus over 5,000 credit union branches nationwide that participate in the CO-OP Shared Branch network and nearly 30,000 ATMs available surcharge-free.
LET'S START YOU OFF WITH $300!
Open a checking account with your new membership and earn $300.123 Check out your account options. (Tip: Super Reward Checking is free, requires no minimum balance, earns APY129 and has free transactions at any ATM.125)
To earn the $300 new account bonus, simply do these four things to receive the account bonus within 120 days of account opening:
Deposit a minimum of $25 within 60 days from account opening
Have direct deposits or automatic credits of at least $500 for two consecutive months, starting the month following your checking account opening
Enroll in online banking and e-Documents with valid e-mail address
Please use promo code 9166.
Super Reward Checking
EARN 1.260% APY010
Super Reward Checking offers all the best features you would want in a checking account and more. Plus, there's no monthly service charge.
Low Mortgage RatesProvident has the perfect mortgage loan to fit your needs.View Mortgage Options
Financial CalculatorsBrowse calculators for common questions about mortgages, retirement, savings, and loans.All Calculators
Get Rewarded for ReferringFor a limited time, we're doubling our referral rewards!Refer a Friend
- 002) In the event of an overdraft, if you have selected certain accounts to be used for Overdraft Transfer Protection and the funds are available to cover the transaction, they are automatically transferred from your other accounts. If you do not have funds available we offer Courtesy Pay Overdraft (there is a per-item fee for Courtesy Pay Overdraft) Service Charge Schedule
- 007) $25 Minimum deposit required to open. Must be 18 years or older to qualify. Limit 1 (one) Super Reward Checking account per membership.
- 010) These are the requirements to receive Annual Percentage Yield (APY) on balances up to $25,000, 0.08% APY on balances beyond the first $25,000, and ATM rebates. 1) make purchases of $400 or more using a Provident debit and/or credit card, 2) complete one direct deposit or ACH transfer (automatic debit or credit), and 3) receive online e-Documents. If the 3 requirements are not met in their entirety, the APY will be 0% and no ATM rebates will be issued for that month. All qualifying purchases and transactions referred to as "per month" or "monthly" only count towards the requirement of the month in which they POST, which will be on a business day (Monday – Friday) and may take one or more business days from the purchase/transaction date. Automatic or electronic payments using your checking account and routing number are not considered purchases. By providing your payee with your debit or credit card number, your posted automatic payments will be counted as eligible purchases. Some bill payments will meet the monthly requirement for an ACH debit or credit transaction. Debit card cash-back amounts and cash advances on credit cards do not count towards qualifications. Only one Visa credit card can have its purchases count towards your qualifications each month (whichever one that is selected on the account on the last business day of the month). The minimum deposit required to open this Account is $25. No minimum balance required and no monthly fee will be assessed. To qualify you must also be a member and age 18 or older. Dividends are forfeited if the account is closed prior to scheduled dividend payment date. Effective February 1, 2013 no more than 1 (one) Super Reward Checking account can be opened per membership.
- 040) The guarantee to close within 10 business days does not apply if delays occur by third parties, including but not limited to realtors, borrowers, and/or sellers. Down payment must be from borrower’s own source of funds and does not include non-lender paid fees, impounds, or reserves. Provident Credit Union guarantees to close your loan by the date specified in the purchase contract, provided this date is 10 business days from contract date and we have received a complete loan application and all requested documents. If the loan fails to close on time due to a delay by Provident Credit Union, we will credit $995.00 of the buyer's closing costs at time of funding (Power Funding must be requested at time of application). This offer may not be combined with other satisfaction guarantee offers. Borrowers must meet Provident Credit Union’s lending guidelines. Any alteration to the loan amount or loan terms by, or per request of, borrower will invalidate the guarantee. Property must appraise at or above the sale price.
- 079) Fourteen (14) months introductory rate of 0% APR based on your credit worthiness. After that, the variable APR for purchases will be 12.49% to 17.49%. 0% Introductory APR balance transfer rate for transfers made within 60 days of the account opening. The promotional rate of 0% APR will remain for 14 months from each qualifying balance transfer transaction. After the introductory period, all balance transfers are subject to the standard balance transfer variable APR of 13.49% to 18.00%. There is a balance transfer fee of either $10.00 or 2% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater. Balance transfers from other Provident Credit Union accounts do not qualify for the 0% Introductory APR. Balance transfers conducted after account opening will minimize the period of the introductory rate. e.g, if the transfer takes place a month after account opening, the promotional rate will only be for thirteen (13) billing cycles. Balance transfers are made available at our discretion. Introductory rate only applies to new account holders and excludes transfers from other Provident accounts. If you default under your card agreement, you may lose any promotional APR on the balance transfer.
- 111) Limited to two official checks and three money orders per day per member at no charge. Additional official checks and/or money orders are subject to a fee. Does not apply to Business Checking accounts. Consult the Service Charge Schedule for current fees.
- 123) You must be a new member, 18 or older and reside in California. You are not eligible if you are a current owner or signer on a Provident Credit Union personal or business account or if you have been an owner or signer on a Provident Credit Union personal or business account within the last two years. One New Account Bonus per household/business. To be eligible, you must open one of the following checking accounts: Super Reward Checking, Provident Checking or Simply Free Checking; all other checking accounts are not eligible for the bonus. New Account Bonus offer may expire anytime.You must fund your Checking account within the first 60 days of account opening with a minimum deposit of $25. If you fail to fund your Checking account within the first 60 days, you are no longer eligible for the New Account Bonus and your account(s) will be closed.
In order to qualify for your New Account Bonus your account must be active and in good standing for two consecutive months following the month that your account is opened. All qualifying purchases and transactions referred to as "per month" or "monthly" only count towards the requirement of the month in which they POST, which will be on a business day (Monday – Friday) and may take one or more business days from the purchase/transaction date.Your account is deemed active by: (1) making purchases of $400 or more using a debit and/or credit card per month, AND (2) performing monthly direct deposits or automatic credits of at least $500 into your checking account, AND (3) enrolling in Provident's online banking service and e-Documents with valid e-mail address. If your account remains inactive after 90 days from account opening you are no longer eligible for the New Account Bonus.Your account is in good standing if you: (1) demonstrate responsible account management—such as making regular deposits to bring your account to a positive end of day balance at least once every 30 days (including the payment of all credit union fees and charges); (2) avoid excessive overdrafts suggesting the use of Courtesy Pay Overdraft as a continuing line of credit; (3) there are no legal orders, levies or liens against your account.New Account Bonus: We generally pay the New Account Bonus by crediting your Provident Credit Union Checking account. If Provident funded your savings account at account opening, you will receive the difference between your initial $5.00 Savings account bonus and the stated bonus within 120 days of account opening. We may report the value of the New Account Bonus to the IRS and any applicable taxes are the responsibility of the member.
- 125) Provident will rebate nationwide ATM surcharge fees imposed by the other institution, up to $12.00 per month when you meet the monthly minimum requirements. ATM surcharge rebates will be deposited into your Super Reward Checking Account on the first day of the following month.
- 129) Annual Percentage Yield (APY) is effective as of June 1, 2022 and may change anytime. For Super Reward Checking, dividends paid: APY on balances $0.01 - $25,000; 0.08% APY on balances $25,001 and over; 0% APY if the Super Reward Checking requirements are not met. Limit 1 (one) Super Reward Checking account per membership.
- 215) Automatic or electronic payments using your checking account and routing number are not considered purchases. By providing your payee with your debit or credit card number, your posted automatic payments will be counted as eligible purchases. Debit card cash-back amounts and cash advances on credit cards do not count towards qualifications.