The Right Loan at the Right Time
Attractive rates and flexible terms. Provident can help you with personal loans to cover a variety of planned or unexpected expenses.060
Schedule Appointment Continue Application
Fixed Rate Personal Loan
This fixed rate personal loan is a great way to pay for home improvements or unexpected expenses. Your interest rate is fixed for the entire loan term and no collateral is required. Terms are available for up to 48 months.
Low fixed rate for the life of the loan
Loan amounts up to $35,000
Terms up to 48 months065
Solar Advantage Loan
This fixed loan rate is for financing the purchase and installation of solar power for your home.062 Homeowners who go solar receive tax credit, add value to their home, and save money in the long run.
New Teacher Loan
This fixed rate loan is available to new teachers and school personnel that have recently transferred to a new school system. Qualified members will receive an affordable loan that can be used for situations ranging from debt consolidation to major purchases or other unexpected expenses. The loan can also be used to help establish or build credit history.
- Low monthly payments
- Loan amounts up to $3,000
- Terms up to 36 months
Smart Option Student Loan
Get the money you need to help make higher education happen. Whether you’re an undergraduate student, graduate student or parent helping a student pay for school, these flexible loans068 are designed to meet your needs. The Smart Option Student Loan is offered through Sallie Mae.
Competitive variable and fixed interest rates
No origination fee or prepayment penalty069
Multiple repayment options
Certificate Secured Loan
This loan is fully secured by funds from your Term Share Certificate account and can be used to establish or re-establish credit. No monthly payments are required, and the loan is paid off when the certificate securing it matures.
- Very attractive rates067
- No monthly payments required
- Borrow up to 80% of the amount available in your Term Share Certificate
- Loan terms mirror the maturity date of the Term Share Certificate
Savings Secured Loan
This loan is fully secured by funds from your Savings account and can be used to establish or re-establish credit.
- Rates more competitive than for an unsecured loan
- Borrow up to 100% of the amount available in your Savings account
- Terms up to 48 months066
Existing Provident members as of March 16, 2020 may be eligible for an Emergency Loan to those who are directly impacted by the coronavirus. For more information on our Emergency Loan please contact our Consumer Lending department at (800) 632-4600 ext. 2704
- Loan amount up to $10,000, depending on your monthly gross income, whichever is less
- Low fixed rate of 5.00% APR
- 60-day deferment of first payment
- Flexible terms up to 24 months
- Funds deposited into your Provident Savings or Checking accounts
Signature World+ Travel Visa
Rewarding perks for all your travels!Visa Rewards
060) The maximum unsecured credit allowed per membership, including Visa, VIP, and unsecured loans, is $35,000. All Provident Credit Union loans subject to credit approval.
062) You must currently own and occupy a home in California. No lien is placed on your home. $150 processing fee required.
063) APR (Annual Percentage Rate) as of 8/29/2019. APR is subject to change.
064) APR and loan amount are dependent on credit rating.
065) Maximum term for all closed end consumer loans is one year (12 months) per $1,000 financed.
066) Maximum term for all closed end consumer loans is one year (12 months) per $1,000 financed. Annual Percentage Rate (APR) on loan equals the member's lowest savings rate, plus 3%.
067) For Certificate Secured loan, Annual Percentage Rate (APR) equals Certificate yield, plus 3% (rate rounded up to next whole number). You cannot use 24-month add-on certificate or IRA certificates to secure a loan.
These loans are made by Sallie Mae Bank or a lender partner. Provident is not the creditor for these loans and is compensated by Sallie Mae for the referral of loan customers.
Smart Option Student Loan and graduate loan products: This information is for borrowers attending degree-granting institutions only. Smart Option Student Loan information is for undergraduate borrowers only. You must be attending a participating school located in the U.S. or have attended one during an eligible prior enrollment period. You must be a U.S. citizen or a permanent resident or a Non-U.S. citizen borrower with a creditworthy cosigner (who must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident) and required U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS) documentation. U.S. citizens and permanent residents enrolled in eligible study abroad programs or who are attending or have attended schools located outside the U.S. are also eligible. For the Dental School Loan, Law School Loan, MBA Loan, and Medical School Loan, students must be enrolling in a graduate-level degree program in a field of study that is eligible for the loan and Graduate Certificate/Continuing Education coursework is not eligible. Applications are subject to a requested minimum loan amount of $1,000. Current credit and other eligibility criteria apply.
Parent Loan: This information is for borrowers with students attending degree-granting institutions only. The student is not eligible to be a borrower or cosigner and must be attending or have attended a participating school during an eligible prior enrollment period, or be enrolled in an eligible study abroad program. The borrower, cosigner and student must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents. The school may refund loan funds directly to the student, and if that occurs, borrower and cosigner (if applicable) would still be responsible for repaying that amount to Sallie Mae. Applications are subject to a requested minimum loan amount of $1,000. Current credit and other eligibility criteria apply.
Although we do not charge you a penalty or fee if you prepay your loan, any prepayment will be applied as provided in your promissory note: First to Unpaid Fees and costs, then to Unpaid Interest, and then to Current Principal.
SALLIE MAE RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MODIFY OR DISCONTINUE PRODUCTS, SERVICES, AND BENEFITS AT ANY TIME WITHOUT NOTICE.
©2018 Sallie Mae Bank. All rights reserved. Sallie Mae, the Sallie Mae logo, and other Sallie Mae names and logos are service marks or registered service marks of Sallie Mae Bank. All other names and logos used are the trademarks or service marks of their respective owners. SLM Corporation and its subsidiaries, including Sallie Mae Bank, are not sponsored by or agencies of the United States of America.