Savings Accounts and Certificates
Many ways to save, with great rates and low fees
Provident Savings Accounts Feature
Provident Credit Union can help you save for the future with a variety of savings accounts and certificates that offer convenient services, low fees and great rates.
- Free online banking and e-deposits
- Surcharge-free ATM network (30,000+ locations)
- Zero Liability Fraud Protection Guarantee
- Federally insured up to $250,000 by the NCUA
Schedule Appointment Continue Application
Provident Savings Account
Provident is member-owned and by opening this account, you'll become an owner too.
When you join, we ask that you deposit $5 into a savings account, which represents your "share" of stock in the organization. While the share price never changes, you do get dividends on all your savings accounts and certificates and great rates on your loans.
- Basic savings account for all Provident members.
- Can be used an overdraft source for Provident Checking accounts
Term Share Certificates
Term share certificates are the credit union industry's versions of certificates of deposit (CDs). Tiered rates are available on most of our certificates, giving you the ability to earn higher dividends on larger account balances. Dividends you earn each month can be added to the certificate balance or transferred to a different account without penalties.
Fixed Rates (on most products)
Guaranteed rates of return
High competitive yields
Multiple term options
Bump-up and Add-on options available
Low minimum balance requirements
Money Market Account
Looking for an attractive investment yield without tying up your savings?
Provident Credit Union Money Market accounts offer higher dividends than typical savings accounts with convenient access to your money. This higher-rate savings account is perfect if you want both higher rates and instant liquidity.
- Earns dividends
- Instant liquidity
- Can be used as an overdraft source for Provident Checking accounts
Premier Money Market Account
Looking for a new investment option that pays premier returns? The Premier Money Market Savings account offers the same liquidity as a regular Money Market Savings, but with much higher yields, as long as you meet requirements.
- Earns higher dividends than a regular Money Market account
- Instant liquidity
Business Savings Account
This account establishes your business as a member of Provident Credit Union.
The $5 minimum deposit required represents your "share" of stock in the organization. Once your Business Savings account is opened, you can open a Business Checking account.
- Basic savings account for business Provident members
Accumulator Savings Account
Save now for near-future needs such as holiday expenses, travel, or property or income taxes. Experience how convenient and easy savings money can be.
- Guaranteed minimum rate of return through December 31st of the current year, even if market rates fall.
- Current rate 0.310% APYB
- No monthly fees
- Variable annual percentage yield (APY)
- Maximum deposit of $3,000 per month
- $25 to open. No minimum balance.
Youth Savings Account
When a Youth Savings account is opened, the child becomes a member of Provident.
- Basic savings account for youth Provident members
Provident and Students
Learn more about how Provident Credit Union supports students and their families
Round Up Savings
Round Up helps you save by automatically rounding up your debit card purchases to the nearest dollar and transferring the difference to a Round Up Savings account from your checking account.
No monthly fees
100% of eligible transactions matched for first three months on your first enrolled account 015
5% of eligible transactions matched on this and all subsequent enrolled accounts after the first three months, up to $250 per year (Super Reward Checking not eligible for matching)
015) 100% matching applies to first enrolled account only. Matching funds are based solely on signature transactions (i.e. when the credit option is selected). The Super Reward Checking account is not eligible for matching.
019) Minimum withdrawal: $500. Minimum balance: $5,000. Withdrawals must be made in person at a Provident Credit Union branch or by calling Provident at (800) 632-4600. Withdrawals allowed without penalty every 7 calendar days. Maximum of 3 withdrawals per month. No dividends are paid on balances below the balance minimum.
020) Requires a minimum $1,000/month Direct Deposit to a checking account under the same membership, to begin no later than 90 days from the date the account is opened and to continue for the life of this account. If the direct deposit does not begin or stops, the account is eligible to earn the Base Premier Money Market account rate. Eligibility is based on the prior month's transactions i.e. to earn dividends for the month of December, the account must meet the requirements in November.