Savings Accounts and Certificates
Save for the future
- 001) APY = Annual Percentage Yield.
- 015) 100% matching applies to first enrolled account only. Matching funds are based solely on signature transactions (i.e. when the credit option is selected). The Super Reward Checking account is not eligible for matching.
- 019) Minimum withdrawal: $500. Minimum balance: $5,000. Withdrawals must be made in person at a Provident Credit Union branch or by calling Provident at (800) 632-4600. Withdrawals allowed without penalty every 7 calendar days. Maximum of 3 withdrawals per month. No dividends are paid on balances below the balance minimum.
- 020) Requires a minimum $1,000/month Direct Deposit to a checking account under the same membership, to begin no later than 90 days from the date the account is opened and to continue for the life of this account. If the direct deposit does not begin or stops, the account is eligible to earn the Base Premier Money Market account rate. Eligibility is based on the prior month's transactions i.e. to earn dividends for the month of December, the account must meet the requirements in November.
- 208) APY = Annual Percentage Yield. Rates are valid as of and are subject to change. No dividends are paid on balances below the balance minimum.
- 223) Joint owners are not allowed on the Round Up Savings account.
- 224) Penalty for early withdrawal may be assessed and may reduce earnings for all term share certificates.
- 225) You may request one “Bump-Up” during the term of your Certificate.
- 229) Limited time offer. May be extended or withdrawn without notice. Membership required. Dividend rates are fixed for the term of the certificate and are not subject to a tiered rate. Early withdrawal penalty may apply.
- 243) The minimum opening deposit is $10,000. Deposits cannot be added to this certificate once it has been opened. Institutional deposits are not eligible.
At maturity, the 3 Month Pick-A-Term Certificate will automatically renew to the 3 Month Pick-A-Term Certificate fixed rate and the 6 Month Pick-A-Term Certificate will automatically renew to the 6 Month Pick-A-Term Certificate fixed rate, in effect at that time.
- 248) Youth Savings accounts will convert to a regular savings account on the member’s 18th birthday.
Provident Savings Accounts
We can help you save for the future with a variety of savings accounts and certificates that offer convenient services, low fees and great rates.
- Free online banking and e-deposits
- Surcharge-free ATM network (30,000+ locations)
- Federally insured up to $250,000 by the NCUA
Schedule Appointment Apply for Savings Account
When you join, we ask that you deposit $5 into a savings account. This represents your "share" of stock in the organization. The share price never changes. You earn dividends on all of your savings accounts, certificates, and great rates on your loans.
Tiered rates are available on most of our certificates. Tiers give you the ability to earn higher dividends on larger account balances. Dividends208 you earn each month can be added to the certificate balance or transferred to a different account without penalties.
Fixed Rates (on most products)
Guaranteed rates of return
High competitive yields
Multiple term options
Bump-up and Add-on options available
Low minimum balance requirements
Provident Credit Union Money Market accounts offer higher dividends than typical savings accounts with convenient access to your money. This higher-rate savings account is perfect if you want both higher rates and instant liquidity.
No monthly fees
100% of eligible transactions matched for first three months on your first enrolled account 015
5% of eligible transactions matched on this. All subsequent enrolled accounts after the first three months, up to $250 per year. Super Reward Checking not eligible for matching.
At the end of each month, transfer your balance to an eligible Provident savings account, loan, or credit line. Checking accounts are not eligible. Or, keep your funds in your Round Up Savings account and watch it grow.
The $5 minimum deposit required represents your "share" of stock in the organization. Once your Business Savings account is opened, you can open a Business Checking account.
Basic savings account for business Provident members