Term Share Certificates
Term share certificates are the credit union industry's versions of certificates of deposit (CDs). Tiered rates are available on most of our certificates, giving you the ability to earn higher dividends on larger account balances. Dividends you earn each month can be added to the certificate balance or transferred to a different account without penalties.
Tiered Rates (on most products)
Guaranteed rates of return
High competitive yields
Multiple term options
Bump-up and Add-on options available
Low minimum balance requirements
Federally insured up to $250,000 by the NCUA
Rate bonus available to qualified members. Contact us for details.
Schedule Appointment Apply for Term Share Certificates
Fixed Rate Certificate
Some of the highest fixed rates you'll find on federally insured accounts. Our term share certificates224 pay substantially higher dividends than banks.
Variable Rate Add-On Certificate
A high rate certificate224 that you can add deposits of any amount -- anytime! Take advantage of good market conditions with this 24-month variable rate certificate. Great gift idea, and an excellent account to be used with direct deposit, automatic payroll deduction or automatic transfers.
Fixed Rate Add-On Certificate
A high-rate certificate224 with that you can add deposits of any amount — any time. Ideal for members that want a guaranteed high rate and the flexibility to add deposits. Combine with direct deposit for an excellent way to save.
This 24-month certificate224 lets you step up to a higher rate if yields rise.225 If we advertise a higher rate for this certificate, you can request the current rate. Available one time, any time during the term of the certificate, and we'll apply it to the remaining term.
You can get the rate of a certificate and still deposit and withdraw funds from it when you need to. The Liquid Certificate224 offers:
Deferred Dividend Certificate
This type of certificate works differently from our other type of term share certificates. A deferred certificate224 is designed to help accumulate money for long-term goals. Save for retirement or to protect funds you have already saved.
Youth Add-On Certificate
Commit to savings and earn more with the Youth Add-On Certificate224 specifically designed for those under the age of 18. This account is perfect for our young savers or parents looking to save for higher education.
- 019) Minimum withdrawal: $500. Minimum balance: $5,000. Withdrawals must be made in person at a Provident Credit Union branch or by calling Provident at (800) 632-4600. Withdrawals allowed without penalty every 7 calendar days. Maximum of 3 withdrawals per month. No dividends are paid on balances below the balance minimum.
- 135) You can add deposits of any amount, at any time, up to a maximum balance of $1,000,000 without affecting your term. Deposits that bring the balance over $1,000,000 are at the discretion of Provident's management.
- 200) Based on your relationship with Provident you may be eligible for an APR bonus on a Term Share Certificate with Provident. The rate bonus is applied to the APR offered on the product selected at the time of origination. The bonus will be applied through the expiration of the product term and will not automatically be applied to subsequent renewals.Provident reserves the right to end its Relationship Pricing program at any time without notice.
- 208) No dividends are paid on balances below the balance minimum.
- 224) Penalty for early withdrawal may be assessed and may reduce earnings for all term share certificates.
- 225) You may request one “Bump-Up” during the term of your Certificate.