Buy or refinance with us
Whether you’re purchasing your first home or want to refinance your existing loan, Provident Credit Union has home financing options to fit your needs.
View individual mortgage loan types below for more information and additional mortgage related services.
Fixed Rate Mortgages
This type of loan appeals to the more conservative borrower, or those who are certain they will not move or want to refinance for many years. This loan option offers a very stable rate and payment over the life of the loan. Even as the overall rate environment changes, your rate and loan payment remain unchanged. Additionally, we offer 15 and 20-year terms .
Need help deciding which one is right for you? CAll (800) 632-4600, option 1-2703
Fixed Rate Mortgages available for non-owner occupied as well.
- Fixed rate for the term of the loan
- Multiple term options available
- Principle and interest payments remain fixed for the life of the loan
These loans offer a low rate that stays fixed for five to ten years, then converts to an adjustable rate. This may make the difference in being able to afford your first home or upgrade to a bigger home, without giving up the security of a fixed payment during the first years of the mortgage.
We’re here to answer your questions and help you understand your options. Call (800) 632-4600, option 1-2703.
|Mortgage||Period of Fixed Rate||Period of Adj. Rate||Adjustment Frequency|
|7/23||7||23||Every 12 Months|
|5/5||5||25||Every 5 Years|
|10/10/10||10||20||Every 10 Years|
- Interest rate may change during the life of the loan
- Monthly payments may increase or decrease based on interest rate changes
With a Provident Movable Mortgage®, you can secure today’s low interest rate and take it with you when you move. Our 7/23, 5/5, and 10/10/10 home loans allow you to transfer your rate to the next home you buy.
How it Works
You have a new home with a great rate. Let's say you decide to move in three years, but rates have risen by that time. You still have years left with your original low rate, and now you can transfer that rate and term to the mortgage on your next home!
- Available for all Fixed/Adjustable Mortgages
- Take your rate with you when you move
- No upfront rate differential or fees and Moveable Mortgage Option is ½ of 1% (.5%) of unpaid principal balance at time member exercises moveability
Apartment Building Mortgages
Consider the advantages of financing your apartment building with Provident -- up to $4 million for 5-36 units:
- 30-year terms
- No pre-payment penalty
- Cash-out available on all programs
For more information on apartment building mortgages, E-Mail Us or call (800) 632-4600, option 1-2703.
POWER Funding 10-Day Guarantee
Close your purchase in 10 business days or less, guaranteed.039Power Funding is a guarantee that Provident can close your home purchase within 10 business days. If Provident is unable to meet this commitment, you’ll receive a $995 rebate.040
Guarantee PeriodThe guaranteed funding period starts when Provident receives the following items:
Full loan application
Credit Package 042
The guaranteed funding period ends when your loan is funded.
Mortgage Loans That Match Your DreamsApply
039) Pre-approval and closing guarantees are based on a preliminary review of borrower's credit information only and is not a commitment to lend. The closing guarantee is subject to verification of the information submitted on borrower's application, in addition to borrower’s property eligibility. Fraudulent or purposely misleading information provided by borrower will invalidate the guarantee.
040) The guarantee to close within 10 business days does not apply if delays occur by third parties, including but not limited to realtors, borrowers, and/or sellers. Down payment must be from borrower’s own source of funds and does not include non-lender paid fees, impounds, or reserves. Provident Credit Union guarantees to close your loan by the date specified in the purchase contract, provided this date is 10 business days from contract date and we have received a complete loan application and all requested documents. If the loan fails to close on time due to a delay by Provident Credit Union, we will credit $995.00 of the buyer's closing costs at time of funding (Power Funding must be requested at time of application). This offer may not be combined with other satisfaction guarantee offers. Borrowers must meet Provident Credit Union’s lending guidelines. Any alteration to the loan amount or loan terms by, or per request of, borrower will invalidate the guarantee. Property must appraise at or above the sale price.
041) Power Funding is only available for properties in the Bay Area, which include San Mateo County, Santa Clara County, San Francisco County, Alameda County, and Contra Costa County.
042) Credit package includes verification of income and assets; W2s, pay stubs, tax returns, all company schedules (if applicable), deposit statements, and brokerage and 401K statements.