Fraud and ID Theft Prevention
How to protect yourself
The following fraud prevention tips can help prevent you from becoming the next victim of fraud and Identify theft:
- Social Security number should only be provided if you have initiated the contact and following confirmation of business identity.
- Passwords or Personal Identification Numbers (PINs) should not include partial or complete Social Security numbers.
- Ensure any Web site requesting your Social Security number is encrypted and understand how the recipient will protect the information.
- Unless required by law, do not write or print your Social Security number or Driver's License Number on checks or gift certificates.
- Be aware and cautious of your surroundings when disclosing your Social Security number or Driver's License Number
- Limit personal information printed on checks or elsewhere, to reduce chance of theft.
- Use e-Statements
- View checks online (in online banking, click on the check icon next to the transaction description on the History page).
- Check receipts against your online monthly billing or account statements to verify all of your transactions.
- Deposit funds using a direct deposit solution. It reduces the number of pieces of paper that can be stolen or viewed by others.
- Sign the signature panel on your credit cards and debit cards as soon as you receive them, so that a thief cannot just sign them instead.
- Keep a list of all your card account numbers and telephone numbers to call if cards are ever lost or stolen
- Use ATMs with surveillance cameras and be aware of people and your surroundings
- Secure your card and cash immediately before exiting an ATM area
- Stay current with operating system security patches and Web browser updates.
- Update your computer with anti-virus and anti-spyware protection.
- Implement a firewall solution to prevent unauthorized access to your computer.
Identity Theft Protection
Our robust Identity Theft Protection program096 provides you the most comprehensive and affordable tools to help prevent becoming a victim of identity theft. Some of the plan features include:
Complete and Unlimited Restoration transfers the recovery work directly to a Certified Identity Theft Specialist available 24/7 365 days a year.
ID Theft Insurance reimburses up to $1 million in stolen funds from your bank account and out of pocket costs.
Monitoring Alerts provide instant notification when your personal information is detected and at risk of identity theft. Alerts are sent to your email, smart phone, computer, or tablet.
Monthly Credit Score tracking and Early Warning Identity Check
Personal information and Change of Address monitoring
Lost Wallet Protection
$1 Million Reimbursement Insurance