The Right Loan at the Right Time
Attractive rates and flexible terms. Provident can help you with personal loans to cover a variety of planned or unexpected expenses.060
Fixed Rate Personal Loan
This fixed rate personal loan is a great way to pay for home improvements or unexpected expenses. Your interest rate is fixed for the entire loan term and no collateral is required. Terms are available for up to 48 months.
Solar Advantage Loan
This fixed loan rate is for financing the purchase and installation of solar power for your home.062 Homeowners who go solar receive tax credit, add value to their home, and save money in the long run.
New Teacher Loan
This fixed rate loan is available to new teachers and school personnel that have recently transferred to a new school system. Qualified members will receive an affordable loan that can be used for debt consolidation, major purchases, or other unexpected expenses. The loan can also be used to help establish or build credit history.
- Low monthly payments
- Loan amounts up to $3,000
- Terms up to 36 months
Smart Option Student Loan
Get the money you need to help make higher education happen
Student loans from Provident Credit Union in partnership with Sallie Mae® could help!
Whether you’re an undergraduate or graduate student these flexible loans are designed to meet your needs:
- Competitive interest rates
- Multiple repayment options
- No origination fees; no prepayment penalty069
Certificate Secured LoanThis loan is fully secured by funds from your Term Share Certificate account and can be used to establish or re-establish credit. No monthly payments are required, and the loan is paid off when the certificate securing it matures.
Existing Provident members, as of March 16, 2020, may be eligible for an Emergency Loan if directly impacted by coronavirus. For information on our Emergency Loan, contact our Consumer Lending department at (800) 632-4600 ext. 2704.
Loan amount up to $10,000, depending on your monthly gross income, whichever is less
Low fixed rate of 5.00% APR
60-day deferment of first payment
Flexible terms up to 24 months
Funds deposited into your Provident Savings or Checking accounts
- 060) The maximum unsecured credit allowed per membership, including Visa, VIP, and unsecured loans, is $35,000. All Provident Credit Union loans subject to credit approval.
- 062) You must currently own and occupy a home in California. No lien is placed on your home. $150 processing fee required.
- 063) APR (Annual Percentage Rate) as of 6/24/2022. APR is subject to change.
- 064) APR and loan amount are dependent on credit rating.
- 065) Maximum term for all closed end consumer loans is one year (12 months) per $1,000 financed.
- 066) Maximum term for all closed end consumer loans is one year (12 months) per $1,000 financed. Annual Percentage Rate (APR) on loan equals the member's lowest savings rate, plus 3%.
- 067) For Certificate Secured loan, Annual Percentage Rate (APR) equals Certificate yield, plus 3% (rate rounded up to next whole number). You cannot use 24-month add-on certificate or IRA certificates to secure a loan.
We encourage students and families to start with savings, grants, scholarships, and federal student loans to pay for college. Students and families should evaluate all anticipated monthly loan payments, and how much the student expects to earn in the future, before considering a private student loan.
These loans are made by Sallie Mae Bank or a lender partner. Provident Credit Union is not the creditor for these loans and is compensated by Sallie Mae for the referral of loan customers.
Smart Option Student Loan and graduate loan products: These loans are for students at participating degree-granting schools. Smart Option Student Loan information is for undergraduates only. Graduate Certificate/Continuing Education coursework is not eligible for MBA, Medical, Dental, and Law School Loans. Students who are not U.S. citizens or U.S. permanent residents must reside in the U.S., attend a participating school in the U.S., apply with a creditworthy cosigner (who must be a U.S. citizen or U.S. permanent resident) and provide an unexpired government-issued photo ID to verify their identity. Applications are subject to a requested minimum loan amount of $1,000. Current credit and other eligibility criteria apply.
Although we do not charge a penalty or fee if you prepay your loan, any prepayment will be applied as outlined in your promissory note—first to Unpaid Fees and costs, then to Unpaid Interest, and then to Current Principal.
SALLIE MAE RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MODIFY OR DISCONTINUE PRODUCTS, SERVICES, AND BENEFITS AT ANY TIME WITHOUT NOTICE.
© 2021 Sallie Mae Bank. All rights reserved. Sallie Mae, the Sallie Mae logo, and other Sallie Mae names and logos are service marks or registered service marks of Sallie Mae Bank. All other names and logos used are the trademarks or service marks of their respective owners. SLM Corporation and its subsidiaries, including Sallie Mae Bank, are not sponsored by or agencies of the United States of America.
- 224) Penalty for early withdrawal may be assessed and may reduce earnings for all term share certificates.