Credit Card Controls
Easily manage your credit card with our controls service
Credit Card Controls
Provident's Visa® Card Controls service allows credit card holders to block transactions based on set specifications selected by the cardholder within online banking. Provident’s Visa® Card Controls are fully customizable and give cardholders peace of mind in the event that their card is lost, stolen or misplaced.
How to Access Provident's Visa® Card Controls
- Credit card holders must first be enrolled in online banking to access this service. For more information on how to enroll in Online Banking, please click here.
- Once signed-on to online banking, select "Card Controls" > “Credit Card Controls” from the “Settings” menu.
- Select the credit card that you would like to enroll in Credit Card Controls from the drop down menu.
- Next, you can select your custom Credit Card Control preferences.
Credit Card Lock
- To lock your credit card, turn the "Card Enabled" toggle switch off.
- Before switching your card to "OFF," you will need to add a Visa® Control Notification Delivery method.
- Once you select your desired delivery channel, select the "Save Changes" button to complete your request.
NOTE: Once your credit card is disabled, your credit card is now locked and new transactions will be declined. However, recurring transactions will not be blocked.
Credit Card Restrictions
- Select the credit card restriction options that you would like to activate.
- Selecting "Transactions Above" will allow you to block transactions based on the limit set.
- Selecting "International Transactions" will block transactions that occur outside of the U.S.
- Selecting the "Monthly Limit" restriction places monthly ATM withdrawal and purchase limits on your account that can help manage your budget.
- Once you are done setting your custom restrictions, you will need to add a Visa® Control Notification Delivery method and select the "Save Changes" button to complete your request.
Block Transactions Based on Merchant or Transaction Types
- In-store or online
- ATM withdrawals, transfers and advances
- Mail and over-the-phone purchases
- Recurring transactions
- Department Store
- Gas Station
- Personal Care
- Age Restricted
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- 209) A merchant category is assigned based on the merchant’s primary line of business by the card processor. In some instances, merchants can categorize themselves incorrectly. When you place a merchant type control or alert, it is subject to Visa’s merchant definitions. If you have questions, please contact us at (800) 634-4300.