Join Us and Prosper
- 002) In the event of an overdraft, if you have selected certain accounts to be used for Overdraft Transfer Protection and the funds are available to cover the transaction, they are automatically transferred from your other accounts. If you do not have funds available we offer Courtesy Pay Overdraft (there is a per-item fee for Courtesy Pay Overdraft) Service Charge Schedule
- 007) $25 Minimum deposit required to open. Must be 18 years or older to qualify. Limit 1 (one) Super Reward Checking account per membership.
- 010) These are the requirements to receive 1.010% APY on balances up to $25,000, 0.08% APY on balances beyond the first $25,000, and ATM rebates. 1) make purchases of $400 or more using a Provident debit and/or credit card, 2) complete one direct deposit or ACH transfer (automatic debit or credit), and 3) receive online e-Documents. If the 3 requirements are not met in their entirety, the APY will be 0% and no ATM rebates will be issued for that month. All qualifying purchases and transactions referred to as "per month" or "monthly" only count towards the requirement of the month in which they POST, which will be on a business day (Monday – Friday) and may take one or more business days from the purchase/transaction date. Automatic or electronic payments using your checking account and routing number are not considered purchases. By providing your payee with your debit or credit card number, your posted automatic payments will be counted as eligible purchases. Some bill payments will meet the monthly requirement for an ACH debit or credit transaction. Debit card cash-back amounts and cash advances on credit cards do not count towards qualifications. Only one Visa credit card can have its purchases count towards your qualifications each month (whichever one that is selected on the account on the last business day of the month). The minimum deposit required to open this Account is $25. No minimum balance required and no monthly fee will be assessed. To qualify you must also be a member and age 18 or older. Dividends are forfeited if the account is closed prior to scheduled dividend payment date. Effective February 1, 2013 no more than 1 (one) Super Reward Checking account can be opened per membership.
- 023) 100% financing available on used cars up to retail Kelley Blue Book value. Subject to credit rating.
- 025) Payments begin 90 days after loan funding; interest accrues from day of funding.
- 040) The guarantee to close within 10 business days does not apply if delays occur by third parties, including but not limited to realtors, borrowers, and/or sellers. Down payment must be from borrower’s own source of funds and does not include non-lender paid fees, impounds, or reserves. Provident Credit Union guarantees to close your loan by the date specified in the purchase contract, provided this date is 10 business days from contract date and we have received a complete loan application and all requested documents. If the loan fails to close on time due to a delay by Provident Credit Union, we will credit $995.00 of the buyer's closing costs at time of funding (Power Funding must be requested at time of application). This offer may not be combined with other satisfaction guarantee offers. Borrowers must meet Provident Credit Union’s lending guidelines. Any alteration to the loan amount or loan terms by, or per request of, borrower will invalidate the guarantee. Property must appraise at or above the sale price.
- 079) Fourteen (14) months introductory rate of 0% APR based on your credit worthiness. After that APR will be as low as the current rate based on your credit worthiness. 0% Introductory APR balance transfer rate for transfers made within 60 days of the account opening. The promotional rate of 0% APR will remain for 14 months from each qualifying balance transfer transaction. There is a balance transfer fee of either $10.00 or 2% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater. Balance transfers from other Provident Credit Union accounts do not qualify for the 0% Introductory APR. Balance transfers conducted after account opening will minimize the period of the introductory rate. e.g, if the transfer takes place a month after account opening, the promotional rate will only be for thirteen (13) billing cycles. Balance transfers are made available at our discretion. All balance transfers are subject to the standard balance transfer APR after the introductory period. Introductory rate only applies to new account holders and excludes transfers from other Provident accounts. If you default under your card agreement, you may lose any promotional APR on the balance transfer.
- 111) Limited to two official checks and three money orders per day per member at no charge. Additional official checks and/or money orders are subject to a fee. Does not apply to Business Checking accounts. Consult the Service Charge Schedule for current fees.
- 123) You must be a new member, 18 or older and reside in California. You are not eligible if you are a current owner or signer on a Provident Credit Union personal or business account or if you have been an owner or signer on a Provident Credit Union personal or business account within the last two years. One New Account Bonus per household/business. To be eligible, you must open one of the following checking accounts: Super Reward Checking, Provident Checking or Simply Free Checking; all other checking accounts are not eligible for the bonus. New Account Bonus offer may expire anytime.You must fund your Checking account within the first 60 days of account opening with a minimum deposit of $25. If you fail to fund your Checking account within the first 60 days, you are no longer eligible for the New Account Bonus and your account(s) will be closed.
In order to qualify for your New Account Bonus your account must be active and in good standing for two consecutive months following the month that your account is opened. All qualifying purchases and transactions referred to as "per month" or "monthly" only count towards the requirement of the month in which they POST, which will be on a business day (Monday – Friday) and may take one or more business days from the purchase/transaction date.Your account is deemed active by: (1) making purchases of $400 or more using a debit and/or credit card per month, AND (2) performing monthly direct deposits or automatic credits of at least $500 into your checking account, AND (3) enrolling in Provident's online banking service and e-Documents with valid e-mail address. If your account remains inactive after 90 days from account opening you are no longer eligible for the New Account Bonus.Your account is in good standing if you: (1) demonstrate responsible account management—such as making regular deposits to bring your account to a positive end of day balance at least once every 30 days (including the payment of all credit union fees and charges); (2) avoid excessive overdrafts suggesting the use of Courtesy Pay Overdraft as a continuing line of credit; (3) there are no legal orders, levies or liens against your account.New Account Bonus: We generally pay the New Account Bonus by crediting your Provident Credit Union Checking account. If Provident funded your savings account at account opening, you will receive the difference between your initial $5.00 Savings account bonus and the stated bonus within 120 days of account opening. We may report the value of the New Account Bonus to the IRS and any applicable taxes are the responsibility of the member.
- 124) APY = Annual Percentage Yield.
- 125) Provident will rebate nationwide ATM surcharge fees imposed by the other institution, up to $12.00 per month when you meet the monthly minimum requirements. ATM surcharge rebates will be deposited into your Super Reward Checking Account on the first day of the following month.
- 215) Automatic or electronic payments using your checking account and routing number are not considered purchases. By providing your payee with your debit or credit card number, your posted automatic payments will be counted as eligible purchases. Debit card cash-back amounts and cash advances on credit cards do not count towards qualifications.
Special Offers for Partner
Provident Credit Union membership gives you access to special financial products that are better than a bank's. You'll especially enjoy lower rates on auto and home loans and earn higher interest on savings and checking accounts.
Partner is providing this benefit because they care about your financial health. Our products, services and educational tools can help you secure your financial future, enjoy peace of mind, and achieve your goals.
LET'S START YOU OFF WITH $300!
Open a checking account with your new membership and earn $300123. (Tip: Super Reward Checking is free, requires no minimum balance, earns 1.010% APY010 124 and has free transactions at any ATM.125)
To earn the $300 new account bonus, simply do these four things to receive the account bonus within 120 days of account opening:
Deposit a minimum of $25 within 60 days from account opening
Make purchases of $400 or more using a Provident debit and/or credit card per month215 for two consecutive months, starting the month following your checking account opening
Have monthly direct deposits or automatic credits of at least $500 for two consecutive months, starting the month following your checking account opening
Enroll in online banking and e-Documents (electronic statements and notices) with valid email address
More Details Open Checking and Membership
Please use promo code 9166.
A CREDIT CARD TO FIT YOUR NEEDS
GREAT RATES, CASHBACK, OR REWARDS
From learning how to manage money to running a business, Provident has a card for you. Like to get cash back? How about earning rewards? Plus, enjoy the security of EMV chips, digital wallets, and our Zero Liability Fraud Protection Guarantee.
- An easy, secure way to pay
- Low, variable rate
- Choice between a lower rate and earning rewards
- Real-time ability to lock or unlock your card
- Transaction alerts
More Details Apply for a Credit Card
LOW RATE AUTO LOANS
Enjoy low fixed rates on both new and used vehicles:
- Up to 100% financing of purchase price including tax, license and warranty023
- First payment deferred up to 90 days025
- Flexible terms available
- Same rates for new and used vehicles
More Details Apply for an Auto Loan
FINANCE YOUR MORTGAGE LOAN WITH US
Whether you’re purchasing your first home or want to refinance your existing loan, Provident Credit Union has home financing options to fit your needs.
- Fixed and ARM products
- Movable® feature—Take the rate and terms with you when you move
- Pick your term—Take control of how long you want to pay
- Experienced Mortgage Consultant to guide you
- POWER Funding 10-Day Guarantee040—We can close your new home purchase in 10 business days or less, guaranteed!
More Details Apply for a Mortgage
EASY ACCESS TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Provident has 21 branch locations, plus over 5,000 credit union branches nationwide that participate in the CO-Op Shared Branch network and nearly 30,000 ATMs available surcharge-free.
Super Reward Checking
EARN 1.010% APY010
Super Reward Checking offers all the best features you would want in a checking account and more, with no monthly service charge.
Cash Back Visa Signature
Receive unlimited 1.5% cash back on all purchases. Enjoy no interest on purchases and balance transfers for the first 14 billing cycles.
Unlimited 1.5% cash back on all purchases
No annual fee
No merchant categories to choose from to earn rewards
No caps or restrictions
0% APR on purchases and balance transfers for 14 billings cycles079
New and Used Vehicle Loans
No payments for 90 days option
No maximum model year age or mileage restrictions
- Multiple term options up to 84 months
Current rates between 2.625% APR - 3.500% APR depending on loan term.
Fixed Rate Mortgages
This type of loan appeals to the more conservative borrower, or those who are certain they will not move or want to refinance for many years. This loan option offers a very stable rate and payment over the life of the loan. Even as the overall rate environment changes, your rate and loan payment remain unchanged. Additionally, we offer 15 and 20-year terms .
Need help deciding which one is right for you? Call (800) 632-4600, option 1-2703
Fixed Rate Mortgages available for non-owner occupied as well.
Fixed rate for the term of the loan
Multiple term options available
Principle and interest payments remain fixed for the life of the loan