Diversity and Inclusion
We believe having a culture that is accepting, supportive, diverse and inclusive makes us all better. In support of the culture we foster, our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion committee helps ensure we continue to make measurable improvements and hold ourselves accountable. This passionate committee of employees across the organization strives to support the group’s mission and act as ambassadors for related initiatives and events.
Together, we are better. We will embrace and celebrate the diversity among our employees and communities and create an inclusive environment wherein each employee and member feels accepted, appreciated, respected and valued. We will listen to diverse perspectives, continue to challenge ourselves to get better, and do what’s right for each other and our members. We will strive to move beyond diversity to equity, providing equal opportunities for all.
- Giving - Provident proudly supports many local organizations including BIPOC-owned businesses and is constantly seeking new and impactful ways to assist the community.
- Volunteering - We promote inclusivity through volunteering and building relationships with nonprofit organizations with diverse needs.
- We are active supporters of Samaritan House and the Second Harvest Food Bank.
- Recently, our DEI Committee volunteered at the Florence Fang Community Farm in San Francisco.
- Education - Provident strives to advance Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion through opportunity.
- Generous scholarship and tuition reimbursement programs to help employees achieve their educational goals.
- All employees participate in annual training regarding diversity, equity and inclusion.
- The committee also hosts panels and guest speaker events related to different topics including women in leadership, inclusion, unconscious bias and cultural sensitivity.
- Partner in Cristo Rey De La Salle’s corporate work study program, which prepares high school students of limited economic means to succeed in college and in life.
- Recruiting - Provident supports and encourages employment of candidates from different backgrounds with unique experiences who share our values and represent the diverse communities we serve.
Food Bank Donations
Help support our community
Habitat for Humanity Home Build
Provident partnered with Habitat for Humanity East Bay/Silicon Valley for their home build volunteer event
2022 All-Star Teacher Award
Provident Credit Union and NBC Sports Bay Area announce winner of 2022 All-Star Teacher Award