Enter to win $2,500
In honor of California educators, Provident Credit Union is hosting an educator appreciation giveaway. One educator will be selected to win $2,500. Submit your entries between August 1, 2023 through October 31, 2023 for your chance to win. Winner will be announced on November 8, 2023.
Entry: Each entrant is limited to one (1) entry per month, up to three (3) entries during the giveaway period.
Educator Appreciation Giveaway Official Rules
Learn more about how members receive excellent rates, incredible offers, and exceptional service.
Giveaway Frequently Asked Questions
- Make sure you are visiting the correct URL rather than a bookmarked page in a browser (you can find the direct URL in the sweepstakes official rules).
- You may need to clear your cache and cookies, or switch to an alternate web browser.
PROVIDENT CREDIT UNION EDUCATOR APPRECIATION GIVEAWAY
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE, OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
The 2023 EDUCATOR APPRECIATION GIVEAWAY ("Giveaway") is subject to the following:
1. Eligibility and Deadline: There shall be two (2) Giveaway periods (each, a “Giveaway Period”). The first Giveaway period begins at 12:01:00 a.m. Pacific Time ("PT") on August 1, 2023 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. PT on October 31, 2023 (“First Giveaway Period”). Giveaway is open only to individuals who meet ALL of the following criteria: (i) are active California Teacher Association or retired California Teacher Association members; (ii) meet all criteria needed to open a Sponsor share account (eligibility for opening a Sponsor share account requires an individual to fall under one of these categories: Community eligibility, Company eligibility, Family eligibility or Household eligibility; see Sponsor’s website at Providentcu.org or call 800.632.4600 for eligibility details); (iii) are legal residents of California; and (iv) are at least the age of majority, as defined in their jurisdiction of residence unless otherwise prohibited by law in the jurisdiction where Entrant (defined below) resides. Entrants must also have a valid email address. The Giveaway is not open to the following persons: employees, directors, agents, independent contractors or representatives of Provident Credit Union ("Sponsor"), the subsidiaries and affiliates of the Sponsor; employees, agents or representatives of vendors providing prizes or other materials or services in connection with this Giveaway (collectively, the "Excluded Individuals"); immediate family members (parent, child, sibling and spouses of each) of the Excluded Individuals; and any other persons residing in the same household as any Excluded Individual. All applicable federal, state and local laws apply. By participating, an individual agrees to be bound by these Official Rules ("Rules").
2. Entry: Each individual participating in the Giveaway ("Entrant") is limited to one (1) entry per month during each Giveaway Period, and up to three (3) entries per Giveaway Period regardless of means of entry.
Online Entry: Go to the Giveaway site, located at www.providentcu.org/cta, and follow the onscreen instructions to complete and submit the official entry form. You will be required to provide your first and last name, telephone number, email address, physical address including city and county of residence, U.S. citizenship or legal permanent resident of the U.S., date of birth, and confirm whether Entrant is a Provident Credit Union member.
Tabletop Entry: Attend a Sponsor community event and complete an entry form. Entrant will be asked to verify their name, date of birth, physical address, email address, telephone number, and confirm whether Entrant is a Provident Credit Union member.
Membership in or an account with Provident Credit Union is not required to enter or win the Giveaway. Any attempt to enter more than the permitted number of times with multiple identities, accounts, email addresses, or by any other means, may result in disqualification. Use of any macro, bot, script or other automated means to submit entries is prohibited. Proof of transmission is not proof of receipt. Sponsor's database computer is the official timekeeping device for the Giveaway. Each entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address provided with the Entry. The "authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who was assigned an email address by an Internet access provider online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address.
3. Selection of Potential Winner: Sponsor will randomly select one (1) winner (“Potential Winner”) per Giveaway Period from all eligible entries received during the applicable Giveaway Period ("Eligible Entries"). The Potential Winner of the first Giveaway will be selected on or about November 8, 2023. Each Potential Winner will be notified via email using the email account supplied at time of entry. The notification will include a copy of a Release and Eligibility Agreement ("Claim Form"), and other information required to claim a prize. The completed Claim Form must be received by the Sponsor within five (5) business days of notification by Sponsor ("Submission Deadline"). Notification shall be deemed to occur when the email notification is sent from Sponsor's computer to a Potential Winner's email address provided during the entry process or when the overnight letter is delivered to the overnight carrier. All completed Claim Forms become the property of the Sponsor. All Claim Forms will be verified by the Sponsor. In order to claim a prize, a Potential Winner must complete the Claim Form which includes representations of eligibility, compliance and releases of liability, and a publicity release. Among other things, the submission of the Claim Form confirms compliance with these rules, acceptance of the prize as awarded and release of certain parties from any losses, liabilities, damages or claims arising from or related to the prize awarded and the Giveaway itself. If a Potential Winner fails to submit the Claim Form with all information required by the Submission Deadline, the Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify a Potential Winner and select an alternative Potential Winner, and the Sponsor shall be fully and completely released and discharged from any liability or responsibility in this regard. Sponsor's decisions are final and binding in all matters relating to this Giveaway.
A POTENTIAL WINNER IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL A POTENTIAL WINNER'S ELIGIBILITY HAS BEEN VERIFIED AND THE POTENTIAL WINNER HAS BEEN NOTIFIED VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE ("Qualified Winner"). If a Potential Winner cannot prove they are a Qualified Winner, the prize will not be awarded. If a Potential Winner declines the prize, another Potential Winner may be selected from the eligible entries received.
4. Prize/Odds: Each Qualified Winner will receive one (1) $2,500 deposit into the Qualified Winner's account with Sponsor (“Prize”). If the Qualified Winner is not an existing member of Sponsor, they have the option of receiving the Prize in the form of a check made payable to the Qualified Winner as set forth on the winning entry. Odds of winning depend on the number of Eligible Entries received during each Giveaway Period. Limit one (1) Prize per Entrant for the Giveaway.
Prize is awarded "as is" with no warranty or guaranty, either express or implied by Sponsor. Sponsor terms and conditions apply to deposits made into accounts with Sponsor. Each Qualified Winner is responsible for any and all federal, state and local taxes and all other expenses or costs relating to the Prize not expressly set forth above. Prize is non-transferable and no substitution by a Qualified Winner or cash equivalent is allowed. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the Prize or any component thereof for something of equal or greater value in the event the advertised Prize becomes unavailable.
5. Additional Rules: Giveaway is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and Sponsor’s Terms and Conditions, located at https://providentcu.org/privacy/terms-of-service (“Terms and Conditions”). Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Entry materials/data that have been tampered with or altered are void. No responsibility is assumed for: (i) lost, late, misdirected, damaged, garbled, incomplete or illegible entries, all of which are void; (ii) error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, mobile device, computer, hardware or software malfunctions of any kind, or inaccurate transmission of or failure to receive entry information by Sponsor on account of technical problems; or (iii) any injury or damage to Entrant's or any other person's mobile device related to or resulting from participating in the Giveaway.
By entering this Giveaway, Entrant agrees (i) to be bound by and abide by these Rules, including all eligibility requirements, (ii) to comply with the terms and conditions of use for Facebook at all times and in all respects, and (ii) to be bound by the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding in all matters relating to the Giveaway and waive any and all right to claim ambiguity in the Giveaway or these Rules or that Entrant's publicity or similar rights were infringed upon. Failure to comply with these Rules may result in disqualification from the Giveaway. Sponsor reserves the right to permanently disqualify from any Giveaway it sponsors any person it believes has intentionally violated these Rules.
Except where prohibited by law, Entrant's entry and/or acceptance of a Prize constitutes consent to the use of an Entrant's name, image, voice, likeness, statements, biographical information, city and state of residence and/or photographs for promotional or advertising purposes in connection with this Giveaway on a worldwide, in perpetuity basis, and in all forms of media, now or hereafter known, in perpetuity, without review, permission, or further compensation or consideration.
Sponsor may prohibit an Entrant from participating in the Giveaway or winning the prize if, at its sole discretion, it determines that said Entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Giveaway by cheating, deception or unfair playing practices or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other Entrants or Sponsor representatives. Any person attempting to defraud or in any way tamper with the Giveaway will be ineligible to participate in the Giveaway and may be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.
Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, at any time with or without notice to Entrants, to suspend, modify or terminate the Giveaway, the Rules, and the Terms and Conditions, and, in Sponsor's sole discretion, select Potential Winners from entries received prior to action taken or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor. Released Parties (defined below) are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Giveaway, and assumes no responsibility for any error, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation, or transmission, communications line failure, technical failure, theft or destruction, or unauthorized use of any technology used in connection with this Giveaway.
All questions and disputes regarding the Giveaway, including, without limitation, all questions or disputes regarding an individual's eligibility for the Giveaway or compliance with these Rules will be resolved by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. Entries that are mechanically reproduced, copied, illegible, incomplete, or inaccurate and entries by means which subvert the entry process are void. Incomplete entries or entries not complying with these rules are subject to disqualification, at the Sponsor's sole discretion. No correspondence will be entered into except with a Potential Winner.
Entrants may be disqualified if Sponsor learns that the entrant disparages the Sponsor during or after the Giveaway Period. Entrants should be aware that Sponsor retains the right to take legal action against entrants who commit libel or slander against Sponsor during or after the Giveaway Period.
These Rules constitute a complete and binding agreement between the Sponsor and an Entrant. To the extent that any provision of these Rules are deemed invalid, the remainder of the Rules shall remain in force.
6. Release of Liability: By participating, Entrant releases Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, Sponsor and each of their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates and partners; each of the foregoing respective employees, directors, agents, and advertising agencies; and all others associated with the development and execution of this Giveaway ("Released Parties") from any and against any and all claims, liability, loss, attorneys' fees and costs of litigation and settlement, or damage whatsoever arising with respect to the Giveaway or the awarding, receipt, possession or use or misuse of any Giveaway prize.
ENTRANTS ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE RELEASED PARTIES HAVE NOT MADE NOR ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION OR GUARANTEE, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, RELATIVE TO OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE GIVEAWAY, ANY GIVEAWAY MATERIALS, GUIDANCE OR COMPONENTS THERETO, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, QUALITY, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
ENTRANTS UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT ALL RIGHTS UNDER SECTION 1542 OF THE CIVIL CODE OF CALIFORNIA AND ANY SIMILAR LAW OF ANY STATE OR TERRITORY OF THE UNITED STATES ARE HEREBY EXPRESSLY WAIVED BY HIM/HER. SECTION 1542 READS AS FOLLOWS: CERTAIN CLAIMS NOT AFFECTED BY A GENERAL RELEASE. "A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR."
Prizes awarded may carry their own terms and conditions and product warranty, for which the Released Parties have no responsibility of liability. Released Parties will have no liability whatsoever for failure to supply a prize or any part thereof, by reason of any acts of God, any severe weather, hurricane, flood, fire, war, transportation interruption of any kind, or any other cause beyond their control. By participating, Entrant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with the Giveaway, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually without resort to any form of class action; (b) to the extent permitted by applicable law, any claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Giveaway, but in no event attorney's fees; and (c) unless specifically prohibited by law, under no circumstances will any Entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages, other than damages for actual out-of-pocket expenses.
7. Jury Trial Waiver: EXCEPT AS PROHIBITED BY LAW AND AS A CONDITION OF PARTICIPATING IN THIS GIVEAWAY, ENTRANT HEREBY WAIVES ANY RIGHT ENTRANT MAY HAVE TO A TRIAL BY JURY IN RESPECT TO ANY LITIGATION DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY ARISING OUT OF, UNDER OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS GIVEAWAY, ANY DOCUMENT OR AGREEMENT ENTERED INTO CONNECTION HEREWITH AND ANY OF THE TRANSACTIONS CONTEMPLATED HEREBY OR THEREBY.
8. Applicable Laws And Jurisdiction: The Giveaway conducted pursuant to these Rules is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Issues concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Rules shall be governed by the laws of the State of California, without regard to any principles of conflict of laws. Should there be a conflict between the laws of the State of California and any other laws, the conflict will be resolved in favor of the laws of the State of California. Any dispute, claim or controversy arising out of or relating to the Promotion will be resolved individually, and without resort to class action, exclusively in the state or federal courts in San Mateo County in the State of California, and Entrants expressly consent to the jurisdiction of said courts and waive any objection thereto.
10. Winner List: For the Winners' names, available approximately two weeks after each applicable Giveaway Period, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Provident Credit Union $2500 Educator Appreciation Giveaway, Winners List Requests, 303 Twin Dolphin Drive, Redwood Shores, California 94065. One (1) request per outer envelope will be fulfilled.
11. Sponsor: Giveaway is sponsored by Provident Credit Union, with a principal place of business at 303 Twin Dolphin Drive, Redwood City, California 94065, and is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.