New Website and Online Banking
New Website and Online Banking
Welcome to our new website and online banking with security enhancements and more. We hope you'll enjoy the new look and user-friendly features. We've also changed the look of our member and account statements. Here's what you can expect:
We've updated the navigation to allow easy access to the tools you need. The new menu displays all of the online banking tools you're familiar with, and it can be hidden when you don't need it.
We've streamlined how you sign on to online banking. Your User ID and password will be on the same screen, and you'll no longer need to set security questions or images.
We've made some additional enhancements to our self-authentication security feature for improved security and added convenience.
Changes to Our Self-Authentication Security Feature:
- Authentication text messages will come from a new 5-digit phone number: 720-80.
- Authentication codes (text & voice) will increase from 5 to 8 digits for added security.
- Users will only be asked to authenticate their identity a max of 1 time per session.
- Users will no longer be asked to establish and answer their own security questions during enrollment. This will remove the “Security Profile” section of online banking and instead Provident will generate a variety of security questions for you to answer.
Functionality of Provident’s new authentication tool will remain the same as our current system where you will occasionally be prompted to verify your identity using 1 of the following 3 methods.
- Send Me A Text Message: Provident will text you a one-time 8 digit confirmation code to the phone number you selected. You must then enter this 8 digit confirmation code within your online or mobile banking screen to proceed with your request.
- Call My Phone: Provident will contact you at the phone number selected and you will be required to enter in a one-time 8 digit confirmation code on your phone. The confirmation code will be displayed on the online or mobile banking screen. Once the confirmation code is successfully entered, your online or mobile banking page will be refreshed and you may proceed with your request.
- Ask Me Questions: Provident will generate a variety of security questions for you to answer. Once answered correctly, you may proceed with your request.
We highly recommend that all primary owners and joint owners use their own online banking login credentials to ensure that the correct phone numbers and/or security questions are presented. Protecting your accounts and personal information is our top priority. Please visit Provident’s Security Center for more information about how we protect you and your account.
Helpful Banking Tools
To make these updates easier, we haven't changed any of the tools you rely on to manage your finances.
New Member and Account Statements
Beginning May 2020, you will notice a new look to your Provident Credit Union member and account statements. Your new statement was designed using color, bold text and a more spacious and modern design to highlight important information. Just take a look below at some of the features of your new Provident Credit Union Statement.