Filing for FAFSA®




Filing for FAFSA®

Completing and submitting a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA®) is the single most important thing you can do to get financial aid.

What Do You Need?

If you’re a dependent student, you’ll need this information for you and your parents.
  • You will need an FSA (Federal Student Aid) ID to sign the form electronically. 
  • Your Social Security number
  • Your W-2 tax documents
  • Your parents’ Social Security numbers
  • Your parents’ tax documents
If your financial aid status has changed, please complete and submit the FAFSA® using the required tax year as directed, then follow up with your school’s financial aid office for further advice.

To be eligible for federal financial aid, you must file the FAFSA for each year you’ll be in school.

Submission Time Frames and Tax Information217

Academic year 2022 – 2023
Submit your FAFSA® beginning October 1, 2021 through June 30, 2023
You can use your tax info from 2020217

Academic year 2023 – 2024
Submit your FAFSA® beginning October 1, 2022 through June 30, 2024
You can use your tax info from 2021217

This information has been provided by Sallie Mae in partnership with Provident Credit Union.

You are leaving the Provident Credit Union web site.

Click Here to Proceed