Provident Credit Union has a number of special products geared specifically towards the needs of college students. Click below for the type of account you (or your college age children) are interested in.
Are you a college student in the market for a new car? We offer an auto loan program designed exclusively for you! This first-time auto program helps you to realize your dreams of vehicle ownership -- with little or no credit history, and no co-signer required. If you're at least 18 years of age, have little or no credit history (i.e. no FICO score), are employed, and are a student, then you're eligible to apply for our new College Auto Loan Program. There are no application or processing fees. This is an excellent way to establish and build credit when you are just starting out.
Our auto loans include the same low fixed rates on new and used vehicles. Financing on this loan of up to $15,000 is available, with terms up to 60 months (5 years).
Our College Visa Card is designed to help college students build credit for the future. It's perfect for buying books and supplies. And you may qualify with little or no credit history.
- Choice between low rates or reward points
- Earn reward points towards travel and merchandise with every purchase, through CURewards. Click here to see how many points you've earned, redeem your points, or browse the catalog.
- Credit limit of $500
- Optional parent/guardian co-applicant
- Plus enjoy all the benefits common to every Provident Credit Union Visa.
The Smart Option Student Loan®by Sallie Mae® is for borrowers attending degree-granting institutions.
Now you can pay for college the smart way with three great repayment options and competitive interest rates! The loan is an ideal solution to help you pay for college expenses not covered by scholarships and federal loans.
The Smart Option Student Loan features and benefits:
- We offer a choice of competitive fixed and variable interest rates providing even more choice and flexibility
- No origination fees and no prepayment penalty
- Multiple in-school repayment options available
- Borrower benefits available — like rewards and interest rate reductions
- Rates that reward creditworthy borrowers
- Applying with a creditworthy cosigner may help you qualify and/or receive a lower rate
- 24/7 online account management
Investing in higher education continues to be one of the best decisions you can make — and we want to help make it happen. Together, we can do this.
Provident Credit Union is compensated for the referral of Smart Option Student Loan customers.
You can apply separately online for the College Auto Loan or the Provident College Visa. Get a credit decision within one business day! Apply for the Smart Option Student Loan through our Sallie Mae site.